How to Dig a Pond with our Pond Digging Service in Palm City, Port St Lucie, Stuart, and all of Martin County, FL
Wondering How to Dig a Pond? We will help you with the information and guidance as well as provide fast, friendly and informative quotes to all residential, commercial and municipal properties in Martin and St. Lucie County FL.
How to Dig a Pond Basics
- Check with your County regarding the permitting, design and installation requirements before beginning construction.
- Determine the primary purpose the pond will be used for. If you will use it for watering livestock or as a drainage retention pond you may need a different design than if your primary purpose is for use as a recreational fish pond. If you have more than one intended purpose the primary purpose should be considered for the pond design and pond construction elements.
- A soil analysis is essential to determine the soil permeability, the pond’s natural fertility, pH, and ability to retain water. In some cases, a plastic liner may be appropriate.
- When a Pond is designed primarily for Fishing it’s design should incorporate as much irregular shaped shoreline as possible which improves the concentration of sportfish, increases fishing success, and allows for greater shoreline wildlife. See Figure 4
- When possible Pond design should allow for nearly complete drainage using a water pump or thru the use of a standpipe/spillway system which drains into a nearby embankment ponds. This allows for pH balancing, fish repopulation, bottom improvement and vegetation management.
- Ponds intended for fishing should be dug to a depth of 8 to 15 feet, should be constructed with mainly edge slopes of 20 – 30 degree grades which will naturally balance the growth of vegetation, and should also include irregular bottom contours using rocks, tree limbs or by leaving less excavated areas to create structure where fish can congregate. For more info on Pond Management visit: Florida Fish and Wildlife
Ready to get informed and be treated like family? and Let us help you with no obligation information about Digging a Pond as well as how our Pond Digging Services can help you most easily realize your goals. contact us today and discover
Contact us today and discover The Service you’ll love.
- Satisfaction Guarantee
- Cost effective Pond Digging, Land Clearing and all our water management Services
- Design, Installation and Full Maintenance Service for all our Water Systems
- No obligation consultations with Convenient On Site Estimates
- Free water testing during any visit
After Hours Emergency Service